Saturday, January 14, 2006

January 11, 1998


Easter Sunday in Tanzania (Spring 2004) was the first time I ever planned, led, and preached in the same church service. It was one of the central highlights of that trip.
A couple weeks later, in London, I went to Wesley Chapel and read from one of the prophets-- Ezekiel I think--in the original wooden pulpit that John Wesley spoke from in that same place.

I received this email from my parents this week. It has been a good week.


Hey Dave,

It was on this date in 1998 that you announced to the congregation at WCOP that God had called you into full-time ministry. At the time, we were thinking that it was just because you had such a great youth group (maybe it was!) but it's so exciting that the Lord has confirmed your call over and over.

Love,
Mom & Dad

No comments: